Sunday, October 26, 2014

U.S. CONGRATULATES PEOPLE OF AUSTRIA ON THEIR NATIONAL DAY

FROM:  U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT 
On the Occasion of Austria's National Day
Press Statement
John Kerry
Secretary of State
Washington, DC
October 24, 2014

On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I congratulate the people of Austria as you celebrate your National Day on October 26.

Last week I was in Vienna, a city that has played gracious host as the P5+1 nations have held important talks with Iran throughout the past year. You have made our entire delegation feel at home, and I have enjoyed taking a break by riding my bicycle through your countryside.

My family ties go back even further, to my grandparents’ family. As a college student, I even had the chance to see your mountains up close. And lately, I’ve seen firsthand that Americans and Austrians are united in our shared commitment to democracy, peace, and prosperity.

Our governments have built a strong partnership based our shared goal of a Europe whole, free, and at peace. Austria provides peacekeeping forces and technical expertise in Southeastern Europe. You set a powerful example for engagement through your role in the Partnership for Peace and as host to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe and the International Atomic Energy Agency.

On this special day, the United States stands with the people of Austria as a partner and a friend.

Search This Blog

Translate

White House.gov Press Office Feed