Thursday, September 4, 2014

U.S. OFFERS WARMEST GREETING TO KOREAN PEOPLE DURING CHUSEOK HOLIDAY

FROM:  U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT 
Korean Chuseok Holiday
Press Statement
John Kerry
Secretary of State
Washington, DC
September 4, 2014

On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I offer my warmest greeting to the Korean people during this Chuseok holiday.

Chuseok is a time to remember the importance of family, the strength of our values, and the blessings that we are fortunate to share. As Koreans come together to celebrate this harvest season, my thoughts are with you as I reflect on the warmth of your culture that I remember so fondly from my recent visit to Seoul.

Our strong and vital partnership invigorates our economic ties, fortifies our alliance, and empowers our global cooperation. We are grateful for your friendship and good counsel as we continue to work together to increase global peace and prosperity.

Our best wishes to all Koreans and their families at this special time.

Search This Blog

Translate

White House.gov Press Office Feed